March 7, 2011
buck up (vb.)
So, in light of a previous "promise" I made - to make a list of goals, a "bucket list", if you will: It's nowhere near complete, but I did give it my best. I bucked up, took heart, gained courage, grabbed a pen (and now my Macbook) and went for it.
In the process, I discovered just how eerily difficult it is to give dreams physicality.
Also, since this experience of mine was really mind-opening and unsettling and exciting and daunting and energizing and inspiring and exhausting and refreshing and mind-blowing (for me), I figured I'd share it with you as it may be fun for you all to read something with an objective eye.
I present to you, A Bucket List: the visual edition.
1. Master the art of contentment.
2. Always find time and a space to practice yoga, however old I get.
3. Have a job that allows me to at least sometimes work from home.
4. Visit an ashram for some relatively extended period of time.
| (yah, i know.) |
5. Go scuba diving
6. Decorate some future kitchen of mine with plaid tablecloths and curtains and other cheesy country style stuff. (and always have a huge bowl of fruit at the table.)
![]() |
| (Actually, anything in plaid will do!) |
7. Own my own home so that I can one day look back at carpet stains and cracked tiles, remember stuff, and get nostalgic.
8. Go on a yoga retreat
9. Take a guitar lesson or five
10. Learn how to sing
11. Take my future children to "the old country"
| (Mostly so they can eat the best meat on the planet.) |
12. Visit Israel again. and again
13. Learn to get by in another language other than Serbo-Croatian
14. Write a book..a memoir....
15. Teach English in Asia
16. Have lifelong companionship
17. Paint a few wall-worthy paintings; take a few frame-worthy photographs
18. Host dinner parties
19. Learn how to sew on a sewing machine
20. Take good care of my family, especially my parents
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Awww.. this is amazing. Bucket lists are the best. Mine is all stored up in my journal somewhere, and coming along slowly, but surely.
ReplyDeleteIlana