July 15, 2010
boring (adj.)
Today, and after some time (as always), I decided to return to you (all?). In doing so, I noticed that I had bookmarked my OWN blog under a tabbed folder entitled
"Bored."
So, I pondered, "If I'm bored, how can I expect others to be interested in my blog?"
On behalf of you all, I will answer this question:
It's because the world we live in today, while far from boring, is boring us out of our minds.
The moment we move our cursor to the "Internet Explorer," "Firefox" or "Safari", we enter a web portal that justifies our very existence of subconsciously being bored. It opens up a platform on which we lie down, stretch out our legs, and take a little vacation, on a little safari, if you will.
Sure, there are many interesting things to be explored on the world wide web, but insofar as we are building curiosity, we are also illustrating the "real world's" lack of stimuli.
How many of us can attest to actually having laughed their butt off at the immaculate, unobstructed view of the funny fat kid next to us on the rollercoaster? Or when does an actual trip to the farm end with a piss-in-your-pants laughter at the sounds of the man-goat? And how about libido - who out there actually enjoys this much sexy booty in their face? That just might just get a little too firefoxy for my PG blog.
Yah, modern life can be a bit BORING so (or because) we turn to the Internet for an entertaining solace, a compounded effort to reach beyond routine and mediocrity, the errands of the everyday.
And so, my conclusion stands: We're bored, and so we click. I just hope you've clicked onto the right place and I've sucked you out of your boring life for at least a few minutes.
And if not, at least you may have seen some booty.
And just in case you haven't, here it is again folks:
www.google.com
(what, too bored to do it yourself?)
"Bored."
So, I pondered, "If I'm bored, how can I expect others to be interested in my blog?"
On behalf of you all, I will answer this question:
It's because the world we live in today, while far from boring, is boring us out of our minds.
The moment we move our cursor to the "Internet Explorer," "Firefox" or "Safari", we enter a web portal that justifies our very existence of subconsciously being bored. It opens up a platform on which we lie down, stretch out our legs, and take a little vacation, on a little safari, if you will.
Sure, there are many interesting things to be explored on the world wide web, but insofar as we are building curiosity, we are also illustrating the "real world's" lack of stimuli.
How many of us can attest to actually having laughed their butt off at the immaculate, unobstructed view of the funny fat kid next to us on the rollercoaster? Or when does an actual trip to the farm end with a piss-in-your-pants laughter at the sounds of the man-goat? And how about libido - who out there actually enjoys this much sexy booty in their face? That just might just get a little too firefoxy for my PG blog.
Yah, modern life can be a bit BORING so (or because) we turn to the Internet for an entertaining solace, a compounded effort to reach beyond routine and mediocrity, the errands of the everyday.
And so, my conclusion stands: We're bored, and so we click. I just hope you've clicked onto the right place and I've sucked you out of your boring life for at least a few minutes.
And if not, at least you may have seen some booty.
And just in case you haven't, here it is again folks:
www.google.com
(what, too bored to do it yourself?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment