January 5, 2011
get (v.) as in: get it?
No, I'm not talking about the local paper or about how I don't get HD channels.
This is about some odd stuff I've run across in my day-to-day adventuring (okay, so in the last week or so while hanging out in Richmond), which I decided to capture with my phone.
(No, I didn't use the "blurry" setting.)
(No, I didn't use the "blurry" setting.)
It got me thinking about design and marketing and how intuitive marketers and inventors are (or aren't).
I find it hard to believe that there are high-paid executives out there, sitting around a big mahogany conference desk decked out in their ties and suits making important decisions about the next big thing to hit the market, the next ploy to get consumers to spend their hard-earned dollars, the next genius idea to wow everybody - it's hard to believe because this is some of the stuff they come up with:
I find it hard to believe that there are high-paid executives out there, sitting around a big mahogany conference desk decked out in their ties and suits making important decisions about the next big thing to hit the market, the next ploy to get consumers to spend their hard-earned dollars, the next genius idea to wow everybody - it's hard to believe because this is some of the stuff they come up with:
(Some stuff, however, is pretty cool and I kind of do get it.)
![]() |
Dr. Ken Nedd - buy his book and you'll learn how to
find peace in the everyday.
Except, he's anything but calming.
In fact, he gives me the jitters and jeepers.
|
![]() |
Now this is an idea! A clock radio, a timer, and it
steams your rice in under twenty minutes!
Yup, rice cookers, baby! Long grain, short grain,
CDs (looks like it, eh?) |
![]() |
Butt pads. Need I say more?
(Yes. "I wish I were a D cup!")
|
![]() |
| "Yes, bag it please - I'll take my food to go!" |
![]() |
| Anyone allergic to peanuts who eats peanut butter deserves anything they have coming for them. Tweet |
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment