March 25, 2011
hangry (adj.)
Today I was a busy bee. Off I went to school this morning, then caught a dentist appointment around lunch, and whilst waiting for my fluoride to set into my teeth, starved my poor self putting together scholarship applications. Then, I had a very productive meeting with my lovely MPub tech group (Rabbit Hole Marketing!) and our professor, while chowing down on some lentils. After a couple of hours of that, I sat in my swivel chair working on my first digital portfolio, then ran off to a yoga class as part of my #YYoga30DayChallenge. Busy busy bee!
I must share with you that whenever I use that phrase, I am reminded of "Busy Bee Cleaners" - an establishment I drove by twice, every single day for an entire decade. Every morning, as I drove up Granville Street from 70th Avenue on my way to grade 4 (or grade what have you), I'd see Busy Bee Cleaners - a little white boxy building, in the far corner of the little strip of stores next to the Korean noodle place, looking grungy and dusty and packed.
For some reason, the name stuck; and today, I thought of myself as this crazy lil bee flying around doing way too much, not eating enough, with piles and piles of laundry to do!
Apart from feeling like a busy bee, however, I also felt HUNGRY. After yoga, I had what I call, "yoga-head". I temporarily felt fine - until, of course, my boyfriend came over and I decided to become irritable and annoyed at almost everything he said.
So, today: my entry is dedicated to Ben. I'm sorry for getting so hangry. I hope that, next time, you force feed me before we truly interact. Then you'll get some more honey, and less stinger.
(p.s. He's accepted my apology. We're having a splash of scotch with our friend Aaron right now - he cooks up a meaaannnnn stir-fry! Thanks, Aaron!)
[I would really, really appreciate some feedback on my portfolio, too. Any comments are welcome, and will be taken to heart! Thanks!]
For some reason, the name stuck; and today, I thought of myself as this crazy lil bee flying around doing way too much, not eating enough, with piles and piles of laundry to do!
Apart from feeling like a busy bee, however, I also felt HUNGRY. After yoga, I had what I call, "yoga-head". I temporarily felt fine - until, of course, my boyfriend came over and I decided to become irritable and annoyed at almost everything he said.
So, today: my entry is dedicated to Ben. I'm sorry for getting so hangry. I hope that, next time, you force feed me before we truly interact. Then you'll get some more honey, and less stinger.
(p.s. He's accepted my apology. We're having a splash of scotch with our friend Aaron right now - he cooks up a meaaannnnn stir-fry! Thanks, Aaron!)
[I would really, really appreciate some feedback on my portfolio, too. Any comments are welcome, and will be taken to heart! Thanks!]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Vindication. Sweet, sweet vindication. Buzzz...
ReplyDeleteI am the King of Hangry. Just last week I threw a potato at a wall because I couldn't find something cooked, prepared and ready to eat at that very moment.
ReplyDeleteI wish I knew who Anonymous is.
ReplyDeleteRaw potatoes are no good for your stomach. No good.