December 22, 2010
resume (n.)
Having neglected this blog for over a month, I feel I've kind of failed at this whole writing thing. Blame busy student life, which goes something like this:
Curriculum Vitae for Fall, 2010
Nov. 28 - Dec. 13 Essayist, Contract
Consumed with XML workflows and articulating their increased presence in today's publishing market
Dec. 3 Lobbyist, "Vish for Lish!" campaign
Attempting to represent Gordon Lish in the controversy about his editing relationship with the short-story writer, Raymond Carver. (Read The New Yorker article to read about what happened.)
Sept. 17 - Nov. 8 "Publisher", HivePress
Mock-book design, -P&Ls, -contracts and more mockery!
Oct. 11 - Oct. 29 "Designer", PUB602
More mock graphic designing - e.g. Talonbooks' Spring catalogue. Vonnegut's Hocus Pocus. And so it goes.
Sept. - Dec. Bedtime Reader, Freelance
The Autograph Man by Zadie Smith; Player One - Douglas Coupland; The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran; Beautiful Losers - Leonard Cohen
Sept. Metadata Geek (real work)
Generating ONIX files for BNC's Biblioshare, CCSP Press and S&D Publishers.
See? My Fall resumé justifies my blogging fail - though, I have officially resumed blogging! Woohoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment